Announcing auditions for our first fully-online show, from rehearsals to performances, Super Happy Awesome News!
This show is aimed at our actors age 13 and under and allows participants to rehearse and record from their own homes. Students will meet weekly on digital rehearsals to practice scenes and learn about best recording practices. Final videos will be edited together and released digitally via Facebook/YouTube for our fans enjoyment.
Most roles require both singing and acting, but there are several parts that are speaking-only.
Participation in SHAN requires that families be a 20-21 Season Member of RPAC (https://regionalperformingarts.org/resources/faq/) as well as a small fundraising requirement. There is no show participation fee for SHAN.
For more specific information about available roles (all of which are flexible with ages and genders) and a show synopsis, visit our online audition listing at castingmanager.com/audition/info/VvL198akaXv6QC5. You may submit a video audition on Casting Manager–all audition videos are due before August 1, 2020 and rehearsals will begin August 5th with a welcome meeting and read-through.
Video Audition Tips
- Take a few seconds to introduce yourself! (“Hi my name is ________. I’m auditioning today for the role(s) of ____________.”)
- Use a high quality camera/phone. Grainy or pixelated images do not best represent you visually.
- Have a parent/sibling read “extra” lines off-camera to you. They don’t need to act them out, but you should react and act as you would on stage with the part you choose to read.
- Remember that these video auditions are all our staff have to go off of for casting. You don’t need to record in costume and makeup, but present yourself as you would for a physical audition. (Let’s be honest, most everyone is wearing pj’s at home these days, but we wouldn’t audition in them!)
- When you upload to YouTube, make sure to preview your video before sending the link for video & audio quality as well as making sure it’s “the one” you wanted to send us!